Tuesday, September 6, 2011

things I just made

So Ive been feeling crafty lately! Well I was actually starting to feel really bad about the fact that I had a sewing machine and hadnt used it for a couple months... but I put it to some good use!

I made Kirsten a backpack for her preschool
and 2 pillow mattress thingys for the girls to lay on. I took a queen sized duvet cover and cut it into the sizes I wanted ( i had a lot left over still) I sewed it so that u can take the pillows out and wash it. I saw it here
http://southerndisposition.blogspot.com/2011/06/pillow-bed-tutorial.html

yes I know i have the same duvet covers as them... but it was on clearance out at Ikea! How could I pay 2xs the amount for a different one? Plus their playroom is going to be jungle themed when I'm done with it.

I also made a REALLY awesome black and white runner for my bed! to go over black bedding (I made that a couple months ago) Its going to be awesome when its all put together and the walls are painted. Ill show you when I'm done... Its going to be a while till I have the $ to do it all. One thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment