We got to the ER and of course she starts doing better (RSV kind of comes in spurt attacks when they cant breathe).We got there by 11 pm Tuesday night. It took till 4 am to get into a room. Dustin went home to sleep cuz he had already been up for 24 hrs. Mommy never left Mikelle's side. The only time she was out of my arms was when the nurses were doing stuff. She set off the oxygen levels a couple times. One time she had 3 nurses run into the room and start working on her to try to clear her up so she could breathe. That was scary.
Mikelle didn't like to be suctioned, every time she set off the heart rate alarm (which was ok cuz it wasn't her normal breathing acting up). She started recognizing it was going to come when she saw the sucker, her heart rate would automatically start increasing before we even started suctioning. Which makes me wonder what would happen if we had her hooked up around Kirsten. Y do you ask? When Kirsten see's Mikelle she starts running to her yelling Ba-boo and wants to try to pick her up and pet her, AKA whacking her sister in the head. So now Mikelle's eyes start to bug out when she sees Kirsten coming. Which is why I think it would be interesting to see if the heart rate would change also. haha.
Apparently it truly is RSV season. The nurse said that they were so full in pediatrics they only had 1 room left available, and St. Luke's was full! But don't worry they have ways of making more room if needed.
Wednesday was Kirsten's Birthday. Dustin got to see Kirsten for a few hours. I called her in the morning to sing to her. I had a really hard time that I didn't get to see her on her birthday. I know, what kind of mother doesn't see her daughter on her birthday? Well, the kind that wouldn't leave their tiny baby at the hospital alone when she is super sick. Wouldn't that be worse?
We came home today, Thursday. Mikelle's 1 month day.
Photos of the last day Thursday. She was doing much better.
hanging out with Mommy
being hooked up to bunches of wires is no fun
before we went home

Unfortunately Mikelle could have symptoms and a hard time breathing for up to a month! What a nasty virus!
I'm so sorry Jenifer! THat sounds so exhausting and hard. I hope Mikelle gets all better and you get a break from all the sickness. GOOD LUCK!!
ReplyDeleteso sad that she got sick!!! i hope she gets all better very soon!!
ReplyDelete